Thursday, October 21, 2010

I Want It To Be 1971 Again

Do you know why I want it to be 1971 again?? Look above !!!! I found this great web page where you can look at old catalogs ! Here it is...http://www.wishbookweb.com/ I am so excited !!
I just have to share my list with ya'll !! LOL Hey mom!!! Did you go pick some of these things up at the counter in Sears Called " Catalog Dept"? Just wait till you see my stuff !!!


That blue with the red check flowers!!! Girls , she was mine !!! I loved dragging her to all my friends and Cousin Andrea's house to sleep over! She even had a matching carrying bag. Oh.. How I miss her. I think the last I saw of her... she was pretty bad off. Torn and Faded from all that in and out the car and washings. Oh, what tails she could tell on us... Maybe not.. I was about 6 when I got her, but I kept her a lot of years. Young carefree years and Christmas time!

Yes, Don't be drooling over my Christmas!!! LOL I received Malibu Barbie in the blue and Malibu Skipper in the two piece suit. Dig those groovy glasses on their heads! Many hours of enjoyment from those girls.. and I almost forget the most important doll:

There He is ladies!!! Don't everyone crowd the computer screen!!! Malibu Ken!!! I also got that Barbie Camper & the big red Car. Look at that green suit in the bigger picture! Boy, He was a chick magnet! LOL



That beauty on the lower right with the red & white stripes.. Yep.. Santa gave me one of those. How could you forget those 2 faces on the inside. I stared at those forever while listening to, Puff The Magic Dragon, On Top Of Old Smokey, I'm A Little Teapot, and a whole bunch of 45's that I kept in a little stand-up box with a handle. Couldn't found a picture of the record box.. Psss, I think my mom got it from somewhere else, besides Sears....I just have to mention my cousin Todd on this blog... There is 8 months difference in us. He always got cool boy stuff for Christmas!!! I always got to play with his stuff when he didn't know it. Well, one year he got a bike, I could ride a bike, he was trying without much hope. He did manage to learn ladies.. Don't feel sorry for him. He is a charmer, and I am still a tomboy at heart. He also happened to get one of these: Hippity Hops

See that red thing with that boy is on, looking like he is riding a bull? That thing is called a Hoppity Hop. It should be outlawed! It is a weapon! How do I know?... well, I will tell you. I decided since Todd was not riding his bike.. I would. I jumped on it and rode up the street. When I came back and turned into their driveway, he came at me running and screaming at the top of his lungs and had that Hoppity Hop flying around over his head like a helicopter. I may be embellishing this... No I am not.... anyway He hit me so hard with that Hippity Hop. It knocked me off the bike onto the driveway. I couldn't bend my knee on one leg. I drug myself to the carport, Aunt Judy and mom came out to check on me.. Mom said" you are alright". She aways says this.. even now. Maybe she tries to convince herself we are OK.. Anyway.. I was not. Chipped a bone off the kneecap. Wore a cast for a while. Oh, But those a great memories! Are ya'll still with me?I won't even talk about the Pogo Stick! Todd had one of those too! That little boy in the picture looks about 3. I would not even get Joshua a Pogo Stick. He is a little accident prone anyway. Takes after his Gigi.. LOL I did get a new bike about every Christmas. I was ruff on Bikes and Shoes. I remembered those white baskets with flowers. I can't remember what my bikes looked like there were so many! But I would love to have this one now. Brand Spanking New...

Look at the pretty one with flowers on the basket and flowers on the seat !!! I wish they still made these. When Zoe gets older I would get her one!! My brother was not born till January 1972. If he had been around and older. I would like to think Santa would have brought him this:

Look at those big fat tires !! I like it myself. Remember when Mini Bikes looked like this? I never got one. I was a girl....

Now I will tell you something. I had started another post. A little rant about visiting our Local Joann's, that I didn't even know we had. But I stumbled across that wishbook site and well... I feel a lot better now.. I am smiling and thinking of Christmas' Past. Thanks mom. You and dad always came through.. Oh I mean.. Thanks Santa !!! Till later....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! Thanks for the trip down memory lane April! Those were definitely the good ole' days...

HAPPY STITCHIN'
Terri

Parsley said...

I remember every year, getting our Sears catalogue card and rushing into town to pick it up. I'd dog-ear the pages, circle, and dream. Then my dumb brothers would swipe the book from me!!!! Great memories. Thanks.

Myra said...

Oh wow! Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I used to love the Sears Wish Book.

jennyhope said...

This is the best. Can u believe those prices!!!! You are always an encouragement. :)

Leslie said...

I was born in 1971.. but a few years later I would pick out all of my gifts from the sears catalog. Oh the joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!