Friday, October 15, 2010

I Thought......

I thought, I would have some pictures to post of stitching... Well, my camera had other ideas and decided to die on the job. Battery is died in #1 Hubby Camera. My camera I keep in my purse is rechargeable, so I charged it.. Will not charge... I guess that battery needs replaced.. I use my cameras more than my cell phone. LOL

I have been reading this:



My mom gave me this book awhile back. I am waiting to get a book in a series by Robyn Carr. Friend Deborah turn me on to her books. Well, back to Look Great Feel Great. I pick it up night before last. Started reading and I have been glued ever since. I am overweight, a diabetic, and have issues.. LOL Last night it came to me while reading... I don't take The Time the to try to eat right... I admit that I think it is just easier to drive through that fast food window and scarf the food down, then to buy good food and prepare it. Joyce says," This is the only body I will have here on earth! "She is right. If I damage this one, I can't trade it in like a car ! This book is, so far helping me come to terms with some things I have never thought of. Things I am doing to myself.. Like Stress. I also found out... I don't like Change ! Change is big stress for me. Changing my eating habits is a BIG change... My last job was a big stress, times in the office were changing on a daily bases. I had other times going on in my life. Daughter had a ruff pregnancy, mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and then my job... all at the same time.... I couldn't handle it at work. I left the workforce in 1 day. Had a meltdown.... I knew that I was needed for my family. Family comes first! So change.... or should I say, anything that is different or interrupts my world is a big stress factor... If you are still reading... Thanks for listening!!! LOL

Maybe I will have some stitching pictures tomorrow. I have to buy batteries...

Till later....

1:05 pm update*

*PS ... I want to thank everyone for their comments on Wicked. It was so fun to stitch and make into a necklace. I also have another I will stitch of a witch. When... I don't know... Hopefully by next Halloween.

4 comments:

Parsley said...

I read till the end. You know what?? I don't 'do' change either. sigh...

Cat Haven Craft House said...

Good for you! I think we all (working women) struggle with making and eating healthy foods! I know I do. I think I see if I can find a copy of Meyer's book (maybe on eBay ... if not on Amazon). Good for you for slowing down your life for what is important!

Sharlotte said...

I don't like change either. I guess I am dull because the same thing and routine suits me just fine. Well, except for one or two things that I wish WOULD change!

It's hard on the pocket book to stay home when we need to, but if we are doing it because it's the right thing to do, then I think it all works out in the end.

Babs in Alabama said...

Hi April and thanks for visiting my blog. I've just had a go at yours and love it. The kids, the pumpkins, the stitching, the box you learned with and looks so good. Wicked is good but my personal favorite is All About Halloween by Homespun...this is one I hadn't seen. Great job finishing and love that ric rac!
hugs,
babs