Friday, September 28, 2012

Mobile Home Makeover #2 - Still In Progress

We went across to trailer #1 this afternoon. We loaded up a 16 foot trailer and the back of Hubby's pickup for a landfill run tomorrow morning. We should have just loaded the big ol dump truck and used it. We have 1 more load to do after this one.  Then I start painting and we start fixing it up.
I promised pictures of the outside of Trailer #2. When we first started working on it.  Remember This One?
 All we had done was put in the new windows. I also have a new front door, and a porch, and a metal roof, and underpinning, and it painted, and siding, and shutters.... lol  You get the picture...



As you can tell by the tools and the 5 gallon bucket of paint, it is still a work in progress. I guess you can say I live out on the porch.. I sit in the rocker and rock away.... 
I don't know what I will do with all these ferns this winter. I have 3 Queen Ferns.. I don't know what I need to do to winterize them. I would love to try to keep them alive through the winter..  The hanging ones I can handle them.. I have a place to store them and I know they will shed some this winter.
Does anyone know what I can do with the Queen Ferns. They are in pots and buckets. There is the one hanging, but it is in the original bucket it came in. I take it out of the hanging basket when it rains so it can drink... It has doubled it's size this summer. 
Cross Stitch News - I am mailing out my Halloween Swap/Exchange in the morning.. I decides so last minutes changes.. Glue gun is heating up here at 10:53 pm.. How is that for working down to the minute?  lol  I hope my stitcher friend loves what I am mailing out to them!  I smell glue heating!!  Till Later....

5 comments:

stitchersanon said...

You are so lucky, I would love to live in a mobile home. I spent several years living in a caravan as a child whilst waiting for a house to be built and loved it. Even today I will holiday in caravans...I just think they ar so much nicer and easier to maintain than brick houses..or stone and rubble which is what I am in now. I love what you are doing to your home..it looks very exotic: I could almost imagine being in some savannah. Sigh...it is a bit cold for them here in Ireland though I guess.

Barb said...

THOSE FERNS ARE SO PRETTY, I HOPE YOU FIND A WAY TO SAVE THEM!

Rachel S-H said...

Those ferns are beautiful. I think they would be OK inside. They might not grow as fast, but they would probably come through OK.

The house looks really nice!You should be proud of yourself!

dixiesamplar said...

The house is looking awesome April...and can't wait to see the finished pictures.

Don't feel bad, I am mailing my box for the exchange today as well :o( I had a time getting my finish just how I wanted it...in the end it turned out quite nicely. I am sure your partner will love whatever you sent.

Stop by the blog and see my goodies from Robin; enter my Halloween giveaway while you are there.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Looks great girlfriend! So inviting.