Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Great Mail This Week!!!!

 Look what was in my mailbox yesterday!  I have looked through it and read the stories and recipes last night. I only found a couple I really like.... If I find time, I will maybe try and stitch them.

 
I also received these 2 charts from Lori at Notforgotten Farm Monday. I order her charts from her Etsy page. Sisters Of The Broom and Stove Pipe Hill. Cute charts.
 
An update on DH's test. His Nuclear Stress test got an A-OK, after 2 1/2 weeks of waiting to hear from the doctor. We asked why it took so long and they said that is takes 10 business days for the person to read and fax the results to them (the doctor). Hubby said someone could die within those 14 days waiting on their results...
Results of the sleep study... He does have Sleep Apnea. He had an average of 28 breathing and chocking episodes an hour. No wonder he was tired and sleepy all the time!!! He goes back this Sunday night to be fitted for a CPAP machine and have it adjusted to what he needs to rest and get a good nights sleep.
My family can tell you, my hubby is not a big person. When we married you wore a 29 pants size. He now is up to a 33 pants size and is 5'10" and does not smoke. I guess he is on the Average Joe size with sleep apnea. Nothing we can do about it, but use the machine and hope that helps him.
That is all that is going on this week. I have yet to work on my SAL. I have stitched some on The Halloween Swap. I can't post pictures of that one. It's a secret... lol I did pick up some Halloween and Fall things for The Dollar Tree today.  I am going to use them in my stitching... Y'all will have to wait and see!
Till later.....
 



8 comments:

Barb said...

So glad to hear your husband's tests showed no huge problem. I hope the sleep apnea won't be too hard to deal with. I'm looking forward to seeing your fall decorating.

Denise said...

I am still waiting for my Christmas ornament magazine, (tring to be patient)
I also have sleep apena and once your husband starts using the machine at night he will feel great, I know it helped me.
Happy Stitching
Denise

Anonymous said...

oh really only two ornaments. I felt that way about last years, but this years looked more promising by the cover.

pam said...

Maybe my issue will come today. I was looking for it yesterday. Glad Hubby is okay.

Rachel S-H said...

I haven't heard a lot about the JCS magazine this year. Don't know if that is good or bad.

Janet Kostiuk said...

My husband also has sleep apnea, a very mild case. The CPAP machine really helped.He now sleeps much better than I do.

vivian said...

hey Michelle, I have sleep apnea and Have a cpap machine too. I sleep much better now.. though now I cant sleep with out it! Your husband is going to be feeling much better, I'm sure. and so will you!
xoxo
vivian

Lynn said...

Glad to hear your hubby is okay. I had to tell you that I found out last year that I had sleep apnea. I had been suffering with fatigue for years and nobody had even considered it.
I had surgery and the anesthetist told me that I quit breathing several times during the procedure and he suspected it.
Well that little CPAP machine has made a world of difference! It's not very romantic and I kind of look like Darth Vader when I put it on but heck, I'm so much more rested and hubby says it's gotten rid of my mood swings. Whooda thought!!