Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Stitch A Long....

 I am doing a SAL with Denise of  http://riversidestitching.blogspot.com/
Hey Denise!!! (waving to you) I am late with my introduction of the SAL and the piece.. Please forgive me... I love this Prairie Moon, The House That Jack Built II.  My pictures are crap... It has been dark and raining here in the middle of Bama.. ROLL TIDE! just had to say that.. lol

I will be stitching with Sullivan Floss. I am not using the silks called for. I love the feel of this floss. It feels like silk without the outrageous price of the silk thread. I will be stitching on 40 count Zweigart Newcastle Linen. The color is Heritage.  I love this molted color linen.  I will not have to dye because it already is.  I got this linen from Silkweaver Fabrics. They have actions on Tuesdays and Wednesdays on their Facebook page.. Lets just say.. I have no money left, but I do have plenty of fabric for the next 20 years!  lol  You can follower Denise and me and we stitch away through the week and update on Mondays. See... I am already behind!
Today is mine and hubby's 31st Anniversary. Will we be doing anything special?  nope.... same ol, same ol.... This morning I did help him change a riding mower tire... I held the valve stem through the hole in the wheel for him to get the tire back on!  Woohoo!!!  lol
The kids spent the past 2 nights in their new house.. DD says they have no cable yet.. she is about to have TV withdraw.  Kids are watching DVD's. She can only take so much Max and Ruby and Autobots.   Well... I am going to start my new SAL now!!! This is the first one I have ever done!! Wish me luck!!!  Till Later.....

7 comments:

Denise said...

Oh, I like your green better than mine! And that linen is gorgeous! Going to stitch as soon as I have breakfast/lunch and start the laundry. Let the stitching begin. ;)

Parsley said...

Like I told Denise, I LOVE this pattern. I know you'll have fun with it!

Happy Anniversary! Just being together is fun for me and my hubs. Enjoy doing 'the same ole' together. :)

Barb said...

I love your Prairie Moon!!It is so cute for Halloween!

pam said...

Looks like fun! You are really making me want to go out 280 and buy those Sullivans threads:)

ricketyjo said...

Hope you had a lovely anniversary and good luck on the stitching, I look forward to seeing the updates! :)

Kaisievic said...

Great pattern - you and Denise will have lots of fun with this one.

Rachel S-H said...

Can't wait to see your progress. I love this chart!