Monday, September 17, 2012

My SAL Progress Week #2


Hello Friends!!  Well..week #2 has come and gone, I have little to slow of any progress.  I love the stitching of House That Jacks Built II. Denise is moving right along with hers...
I have nothing else to show tonight. I am watching the CMA Country Music thingie.  I don't know why they call the music country... It is Old Rock & Roll. But I guess there is not anyplace in music for Rock. You have Country, Rap, Hip Hop, Alternative, and Pop Hits.. They are calling Taylor Swift a pop artist. What? She is more country than some of the country singers.
The old rock musicians are just touring around singing the good ol' rock. Nothing new is out there.. Jon Bon Jovi tried a comeback.. It was on the Country Charts. Darius Rucker from Hootie and the Blowfish was also on the Country Charts..  I guess Country is were the old artist go to keep playing and singing..If I ever see Aerosmith on a country show, trying for their 20 comeback tour,  I know that ROCK HAS DIED!  lol  I used to not like country music. Now.. I love it. I am waiting to see what Hank Williams Jr performs.
I grew up listening to CCR, Three Dog Night, Doobie Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Fleetwood Mac ( Still love new Skynyrd ) and anything from the 1970's. I sometimes, put the Soft Rock music station on the tv and just stitch to it.  I had forgot ELO was soft rock, along with Chicago... lol When I clean house... I push those channel numberson the remote for DISCO!!!!  lol Then I disco around the house cleaning!! 
That is all for tonight... Jake Owen is on and I have to watch him!!!!   Till later..... Next is Eric Church!!  Wooo Hooo!!!


4 comments:

Denise said...

Love your progress - You can see all of your colors! Never fear - you will catch up.

My son got to work backstage for Darius Rucker! His crew handed out their left over European tour shirts. Which my son promptly handed to his dad.

I hit an oldies station today and sang my heart out. You are so right about music today. Nothing good to sing to!

Barb said...

A great start!

Rachel S-H said...

i think there is a rule that, when Jake Owen is on, he must be watched. That man is astonishingly good looking! I think it's funny how all the music interchanges now. Country singers rap, rock stars sing country. I just don't know if I could do Steven Tyler in a country video.

Your WIP is lovely.

Anonymous said...

Hello

Just found your blog.
Your wip looks lovely.
Happy weekend!