Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Been Busy As A Cat Covering Up.. You Know!

 I have made some progress on the Memorial Sampler. I have finished the models that I was stitching. So I pulled the Sampler back out.

 The chart Heads Up came in the Mail. I just love it. I want to stitch some of these. Coni of  http://spinsterstitcher.blogspot.com/  is getting her Olympic projects ready for the stitching marathon. I love the Olympics.. But only the Winter Olympics.  She has some great projects with USA colors.   I am just trying to get some more July 4th projects done by July 4th... lol I don't think it is going to happen.

This is my jelly cupboard that has all my linen and fabric in it. I still have all those pieces I got from Silkweavers. Now just to put them with charts to stitch..


I have also been sewing some burp clothes. I need to finish 2 of them and take them to my aunt's house this week. Cousin is having a baby and you can never have enough burp clothes. I made sets for both the grands. Josh who was always spitting up.. spit was not the word.. Falling formula was.... He has a delicate system... lol I made Zoe a set when she was born.. She was not like Josh. She kept all her food. The child still loves to eat!! The child fits right in with our family.. We love to eat!  lol You tell her to go sit and we will bring her food. She runs, gets up in the chair and is so happy and swinging her legs and just a smiling.. and she says." I Ready!"  Then the shoveling starts!!!  Can y'all tell I am missing them..
They are at the beach this week.. Yep!! Panama City Beach Florida. During a tropical storm. They left Saturday and have been in the condo since they arrived. They have ventured out today. They are at the Gulf Aquarium. We are not so worried now since the storm moved east. I hope none blogging friends are in the path of this flooding.. I have been watch The Weather Channel for days now.

I need to go cook some squash.  I am going to make squash dressing..

Squash Dressing

3 cups cooked squash
3 cups cornbread, crumbled
3 eggs beaten
1 stick magarine, softened
1 medium onion
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup cheedar cheese, optional

Combine all ingredients (except cheese) and put in a greased casserole dish. Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes until light brown and bubbly. You can put the cheese on top about 5 minutes before baking is done.


If your garden is spitting out so much squash.. This is a great recipe to use with all that squash. I put my squash cooked in freezer bags where I can use it though the year.

Enjoy... Till later...


5 comments:

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Busy as a cat covering up....LOL!!!!! You are so darn funny girlfriend. Looks like you are as busy as always. I wish I could grow a squash. I suck at growning things. I have to go to the store.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Nice progress! Pretty selection of linens, too. I don't have a garden this year, but squash and zucchini are the fastest producers. I have a recipe for Squash Pie around someplace if you'd like it. Glad your kids are safe and having fun!

Ranae said...

The Sampler is looking so pretty and gotta love that PS Halloween
I hope the kids are safe, that storm was not so nice

Babs in Alabama said...

I gotta' say, April, I'm going to have to try that squash recipe. sounds delicious and I'm hungry. Is the memorial Sampler the one in Just Cross stitch or one of the other magazines? babs

Lynn said...

That recipe sounds delish! Thanks so much for sharing it. I have to say I've never frozen squash before. Do you add it directly from the freezer or do you thaw it first?
Love your Memorial sampler!