Monday, June 18, 2012

Another Wal-mart Story... Does It Ever End For Me!


I keep telling everyone Wal-Mart doesn't like me!  But, It may be me and not Wal-Mart.....
I was minding my own business. I decided I would swing by the nail polish aisle.  Well, I rounded the corner and there was a Mexican lady with her teenage daughter.  Didn't really look close at them.. I was trying to look at the nail polish, that just so happened to be where they were standing. 
They just kept standing there. I looked around them... Oh, Essie polish.. To expensive for me at 7.98 a bottle... I moved on down the aisle.. All right Sally Hansen... Seems to stay on my nails longer..
While looking at the different colors.. I wanted something Nude.
I happen to glance back over to the mom and teenager.. No, I didn't see what I was seeing!! Yes I Did!!  They were painting their nails with the Essie nail polish.. All ten nails each!  That makes 20 nails!!
I know if they would have looked up, they would have seen me standing there with my mouth wide open!  lol
Then I start thinking... They are using polish on their nails that someone else will come along and buy to use... My mind is blown!  I look down at the Nude Sally in my hands and start to wonder... Has someone used my nail polish?  Where does the Health Department stand on this? .. Can EPA get involved?  
While I was standing there an employee walked by. I left the aisle and stopped her and said that a lady and her daughter are opening the nail polish and painting their nails.  She just laughed and said, " Really!" Hmmm and walked on. 
I thought Oh well.. I did may part of tattling... lol   I walked back to the aisle to get the fullest bottle of Nude Sally. Guess What?
They had moved over to stand in front of the Glitter Polish!  They were putting the glitter polish over the Essie polish on just a couple of nails... I thought I would hang around and see if they bought what they used.. I will just tell you.... NO. They finished and walk away without any nail polish... I thought maybe I should have said something to them.. But They would not have understood me. They were speaking to each other in their language. They did pick the most expensive nail polish and maybe they have Pinterest and they see where you paint with the Essie nail polish and then put glitter on top of several tips... Maybe that is why Wal-mart has raised it prices lately. Thief...
I did put a bag of Cheetos in my cart and the Zoe ( our good eater ) decided she wanted them opened right then... I did let her eat them while I finished shopping. I did pay for what was left at the checkout... That is another thing I have seen at Wal-Mart.. A lady opened donuts and gave to her 4 kids, then she eat 2 standing there and I seen her put the box empty in a waste basket..
Now friends.. I would never do any of this.. Why?  Because I know it is wrong and I would be caught in a second. Wal-Mart hates me.. The lady laughed at me ...
I will close for now.. I am going to paint my nails.. If you hear of any nail fugus out there from used nail polish.. Please let me know. That is why I do not go to nail salons.. To many horror stories... 

15 comments:

Melissa said...

That's just amazing, but you know, nothing surprises me anymore.

Denise said...

I'm sitting here speechless. Honestly they were doing their nails and no employee said anything?? EEK! Disgusting.

Think I'm going to never buy polish in Wal-Mart again.

LuLu Kellogg said...

Oh April!! I can't believe that and then for the employee to not do anything? Holy cats! That is just plum ridiculous! Ughhhh, not to mention nasty. ICK!

I hope the rest of your week is wonderful!!

LuLu~*xoxo

Anonymous said...

I can believe it! And it's not just happening at Walmart...
Angela

Ralee said...

Two of the many reasons I DON'T go to Walmart--uncaring, rude employees and customers like that mother and daughter. Do you have a Target in your area? Much nicer merchandise, sharper employees, and a better class of customer. The Walmart here and the one in the next town over were so nasty the last time my son was home on leave and went in them, he too swore off Walmarts in general.

Parsley said...

Oh...my...gosh!

Anonymous said...

Lovely post, it made me smile!

I have seen people eating whilst going around picking their groceries and then dumping the packaging before they got to the till. I cannot believe anybody would paint their nails though.
It's very wrong but if the shop assistants don't care what can be done?

Lynn D said...

It isn't just WalMart, it is everywhere they shop. The nail polish doesn't bother me as much as the one my uncle saw open a jar in the grocery section, stick her finger in, lick her finger and then put the jar back on the shelf.

Roberta said...

Wow, that is amazing!! Now where I live, the Walmart is clean, neat and friendly and the Taget is dirty, employees rude and shelves are always 1/2 empty!!

Cat Haven Craft House said...

Yep, I understand. I was in Kmart the other day and this little old lady was trying out a whole bunch of hand lotions (not testers, mind you!). Just standing there, enjoying herself and if this is just what you are supposed to do before you decide to buy one (or may not!).

Rachel S-H said...

I've seen people open containers of blueberries at the grocery store and sample them to see if they are worth buying. I will no longer buy a package that doesn't look like it's completely full. Stupid thing was, they could have PICKED blueberries and eaten all they wanted for free at the orchard down the road, instead they steal from Safeway and touch all up on food other people have to buy. Nasty.

You could always send an email to the manager of the store, and let him or her know what the employee said. I am sure he or she wouldn't appreciate that the employee is allowing free polish changes with designer nail polish.

Rachel S-H said...

Oh, and I've never had a problem from a nail salon. If it's a clean, reputable place, there shouldn't be any problem. Most of them are afraid to get a bad rep, so they will avoid that. I always did try to find newer bottles or brought in my own polish. I went for 5 years, every two weeks, no problems.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Well, I know theirs couldn't have looked as pretty as yours... or maybe they weren't in a rush since NOBODY from the store cared.

TinaTx said...

You never know what you will see in Wal-mart! I see people letting their kids eat produce and such which there is then now way to weigh and pay for! And here I went back to Target the other day to pay for a sink mat they didn't charge me for! (I bought two but they only charged me for one) The lady asked if I still wanted it! Hello - I only brought the receipt back with me, the mat was still at home! I told her I already had the mat and it was up to her if she wanted the money.
One thing I will do is test anything that has a sprayer on it before I buy it - brought home too many of those things that then wouldn't spray! If it sprays it goes in my buggy - if not, it will go back on the shelf!

Lynn said...

Nothing surprises me anymore! I always try to pick the item I need from the back of the shelf to make sure it hasn't been tampered with.
I can't believe the employee didn't care though!