Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Age And Walking in Platform Shoes

Cute Shoes!!  No..... They are Death Traps!   For me they are! lol Or maybe it is my age?......
I went to the library yesterday with mom. They had a speaker talking about Antebellum Alabama. I love anything history.
Well, my mom always gets on to me..she still does it, and I will be 47 tomorrow. She says" Whenever you leave the house make sure you have your hair fixed and makeup done.. You may run into someone."  It must be a southern thing... I am not going to fix all up just to go to Walmart. They don't like me anyway..
I did fix up yesterday.. I had a linen skirt with matching top and those shoes.. Not to mention all my big chunky jewelry. I was looking good! I had my hair all curled and in place and my makeup was just right.
I had a great time all day with mom. We got us something to eat after the library, went to several shops and looked around. I was styling!!  lol  Well, as my brother, Trey says," Good Times Gone Bad!" I got home, I opened my car door, I took a step, and I fell..... I tell you, it was the shoes. Those shoes are for sidewalks and pavement. They are not for gravel and country living...  I had two toes throbbing all night and they are purplish blue...
Did that stop me.. Heck No!  I installed a Flapper Valve in the 2nd bathroom toilet and put together 2 ceiling fans. Hubby did help me put them up.  You know what.. My hair and makeup still was looking good.... lol  Toes not..  That is just a day in my life here at My Place.. I call it My Place because, I had to light a fire under hubby last night just to get him to help me hang those fans..
Anyone else always have to light fires?   lol
Have a great afternoon! Till Later....

13 comments:

Autumn said...

You totally ROCK! Those shoes would be the death of me and I seriously doubt I'd be pressing on with throbbing toes like you. :)

Autumn said...

Forgot to say...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Lisa said...

Ugh - I fell last year at my brother's house wearing the cutest shoes. Bummer. No more heels for me!
I hurt my foot, ankle and knee and it took about 8 weeks to completely heal. I've decided it just isn't worth the damage just to look cute.
Hope you are better soon!

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm having major shoe envy. They rock.

New York Dreamer Cross Stitch said...

all the time!!! otherwise nothing gets done! :)
thank you for stopping by my blog!
love does stands!
Ezia.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

You are an absolute crazy woman and make me laugh so hard!!! Why can't you live near me???
Happy early birthday my fun friend.

carol fun said...

Oh I love the shoes - and I had a pair like those years ago, but I think if I wore them now there would be orthopedic surgery soon after - LOL! I understand about lighting fires - my DH is oblivious to anything but the most dire situations - even wet carpet in the basement barely moved him. I'm getting too old for all this work!

Anonymous said...

Spark some words and light some fires! Yup. And it never fails him to do when it's something that HAS to be done. That's when he decides it's time to aggravate the living tar out of me with his procrastination.

I get dolled up for the outing then once said outing was over and I am back in the car...I am slinging those bad boys off my feet so not to kill myself...cause sure enough, I'd be showing the ground my ninja skills just like you did. LOL

I'm glad you had fun with your Momma. LOL ...and don't get me started on Momma's...mine was all about having the pearls on all the time! "Never know who will see you." HUGS

Charlene ♥ NC said...

There's nothing like falling - unless it's falling when you're really looking good! At least there were few around to see the collision. Getting things done around there - you've got Spring nesting fever!

Penny said...

Happy birthday, April!! :)
Wow!! hurt toes and you still managed to accomplish all that! You are a wonder woman! :) And yes, I have to light fires all the time! :D

Myra said...

I am 48 April and I am quite sure I would break my neck if I tried to walk very far in those shoes. I used to wear heels all the time, not any more. At least your hair and makeup looked good while your were sprawled in the yard. LOL Hope your toes feel better.

TinaTx said...

Cute shoes, but I would never attempt to wear them! I fall off my flip-flops, 'nuff said?
Yep - I'm lighting fires today. By the time hubby comes home the top of the kitchen cabinets will be bare. We will see if he gets the hint. (I want bead board up there!)

Lynn said...

Love the shoes but I'm afraid they only thing on my feet these days are my Birkenstocks. It sucks to be flatfooted,lol!
I was lighting a fire tonight to get DH to help me with some gardening. He hates it above all else!