Friday, March 30, 2012

Ric Rac and Pictures...

 I received this beautiful Ric-Rac in the mail yesterday. I ordered it from Nancy At : http://stores.ebay.com/Victorian-Motto-Sampler-Shoppe?_rdc=1 She has great hand-dyed trims and floss. I will try the floss next!  I love her Chenille Trims! I forgot to take a picture of the of the gifts for Easter Swap that I participated in. Terri, thank you for putting the swap together.  My partner was Autumn. This is what I sent to her.. Sorry Autumn, I pulled these off your blog... lol 



Terri wanted us to try a finish we had never done before.. Well, the flower pot needle holder was my finish.. Glad Autumn liked everything. I recently went back to Hobby Lobby.. hehehe I go about every week... lol I purchased some more of those Flower pots.. I will be having a Spring Give-a-way soon.( Hint) 
Back to working on the Tree/Fort tomorrow for the Grands.. We also have a T-Ball game at 1:00. I love being a grandparent!!
I have to tell about Zoe and her caterpillars. She will pick them up and put them in a paint tray and carry it around while we are outside working.. If they try to escape, she will squeal and pick them up and toss them back into the tray.. Josh will not touch them at all.  lol

Here is the Caterpillar Catcher and her brother..  She and mom went to swing and I decided they had been tossed enough into that tray.. so, I went around back of the Tree/Fort and let the captives loose...
Hopeful they will all became beautiful butterflies.. Their minds may not be right from being tossed in a tray every two minutes.. But I hope they learn to fly, they will need to know that, to stay far away from brother's butterfly net...  
Till later... I am hoping a friend or family member won that lottery!! 

5 comments:

Mouse said...

it was a lovely exchange you sent to autumn :) and awwww poor caterpillers hope they manage to turn into beautiful butterflies :) love mouse xxxx

Musings from Kim K. said...

You are such a fun grandparent. Love all the special activities you are doing with your grands. Your ric rac colors are just yummy.

Autumn said...

I really did love everything. You spoiled me! Thanks!

Oh yes, we still catch caterpillars, identify them, and release. Sometimes we will feed them what they eat based off of the book and watch the whole process. That is fun!

dixiesamplar said...

What a lovely set you stitched for Autumn...I know she loves it! And how thoughful to include her daughter too :o)

Zoe reminds me of my Rachel when she was a little girl...now, she nearly faints if she sees a bug, LOL!

Rachel S-H said...

I love her ric-rac.

Great exchange and i love your finishing!