Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Finish & Weed Cutting

This is Miss Lapin.. She is a pattern by Brenda - With Thy Needle And Thread.. I did not stuff her ears.. She gave me a hard time sewing those little things.. lol When turning the linen threads want to pull out of the seams, leaving a hole.. One ear is glued... Maybe that is why she has a Not So Smiling Look... lol I sure didn't want to jab a knitting needle up in there to stuff... She may have lost an ear then... lol
Well, with all this super warm weather lately. My weeds have decided to take over the whole yard. I had to charge up both lawn mowers.. But.. Today the yard has been official mowed. First Mow of the season!! I did it in shorts and a t-shirt. I will now be heading to my closet to get out my Spring Clothes.. Why.. When I went to Michaels' this morning.. About all the ladies were wearing their linen skirts and capri pants.. I was burning up in my jeans.. lol
Time to do the Ol' Switch A Roo!! In goes Winter and out comes Spring and Summer. It is like I have New Clothes!! WooHoo!!
Till Later.......

16 comments:

carol fun said...

I love Miss Lapin! I just saw this cutie for the first time a day or two ago and I must have her!! I agree trying to turn and stuff those narrow parts is difficult. From my doll making days I acquired a couple of hemostats that allow you to push stuffing into narrow spaces without making a hole somewhere you don't want - it is a tedious process though. Oh, I envy you - warm weather already. Rainy here in Ohio, but at least its not snow --Take care!

April said...

I love your bunny April! Your finishing is great. Thank you for enabling. I loved your bunny so much, I went and ordered the pattern.

Happy Stitching

Catherine said...

So cute! Yay for you on the spring clothes! Still a little on the chilly side here, jeans and a t-shirt day today!

Karen said...

That is just so cute... even though she gave you fits!

happy stitching...

vivian said...

LOVE your bunny! soooo cute! I dont have the patience for cross stitching.. but I love do love it!
I suppose in alabama spring is about in full swing huh? we've a few weeks to go still.
have a great day
xoxo
vivian

Sally said...

She is so cute! Love her :)

Anonymous said...

Hello

I love your bunny she's so sweet.

Enjoy the warm weather!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Your bunny looks wonderful! I've punched many a hole in things I've tried to finish - never fun. But, you can't see it and her ears look great! Enjoy your weekend. We're not quite warm enough for weeds yet but soon, very soon (I hope)!

pam said...

She is just too cute! Great job on it.I was thinking the same thing on the clothes:)

Carrie said...

What a cutie!

Ranae said...

I love your bunny. She looks perfect to me. I wouldn't know the difference
How is Rebel doing? I do hope he is doing much better

Thomasina said...

What a cute bunny. You can't even tell about the ears. Just in time to sit out for Easter.
We have had a mild winter here in Arkansas as well and have had a few days of shorts weather and then yesterday evening a cold front blew in with rain and when I looked out side it was snowing. I guess mother nature is still trying to hang on to winter just a little bit more.

Lynn said...

Despite your difficulties the bunny looks adorable. Well done! I saw this on Brenda's blog and would love to give one a try but I'm afraid I'm not cut out for fiddly projects.

God I wish I was wearing my capris! I was excited that I could wear my spring jacket this past week but alas the winter coat can't be retired yet. It's freezing again!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

This is adorable! You did a beautiful job!

Rachel S-H said...

Love her! You did a great job!

Rachel S-H said...

Love her! You did a great job!