Monday, July 29, 2013

ASSEMBLY LINE IS ON STAND-BY.........

 Hello Everyone!!!  I got my jello box tops cut out and I'm all ready to assemble my pin cushions.

 See how they fit just perfect in the Hobby Lobby box!

 I went ahead and cut all my shapes that fit in the middle. I thought, I will go ahead and ruff up my box and instead of putting the Briwax on it. I will spray with clear.. ( I didn't have any Briwax, don't tell anyone) I went out on the back porch to spray.... Guess what? I was out of clear!  Oh well... I brought the box back in. I will try and get the stitching mounted on the cardboard, at least.

 Well, I spied this little beauty I stitched when it was first shared from Blackbird Designs as a freebie. See those metal stands! They were from my designer friend, Michelle of The Raspberry Rabbits fame. I thought, Hey... I will make a little quilted edge and hang from the stand. This is as far as I have got....I do love the black and white check fabric. I thought I might add a little black and white toile to mix match with it. I looked in my fabric cabinet. No black and white toile. It is on Stand-by for now....

 I have finished stitching this little bad witch by Acorn House. Pattern is called Wicked Little Pin Stickers.  See the lines on the linen, I tried to stitch where it would be covered. I now longer fold my fabrics to store. I roll them. The lines should not show on the Witch when I finished putting her together.  

This is what they look like finished. The Good Witch and The Bad Witch and the cute Bat!  The pattern calls for 36 count. That is so tiny. I did my on a piece of 28 count Tombstone I had left over from a project. I copied the face like my friend Bonnie did hers, with the green face and hands and orange hair. I thought she looked scary. Bonnie stitched her Witch on the 36 count. She is tiny! If you are a member of Samplermakers, Bonnie has 2 pictures of her witch posted! So little. (sorry Bonnie doesn't have a blog)
I'm scared to cut the linen around my little witch. One mistake and it will be ruined. I will need to finger stitch her together. I have Fat Fingers! She is on Stand-by for now.. 

This is what I have been stitching to weekend. Hornbook Angel by The Primitive Needle. Stitching on 40 Count Relic linen by Picture This Plus with the over dyed threads called for in chart. It was in my WIP drawer. At least one is getting finished.
I'm thinking of entering some of my stitching in our County Fair. I went to the website and they will not be accepting entries till September 1, 2013. The Fair is September 16-21 2013.  This would be my first time. I'm thinking should I wait till next year and go and see what people are entering? Any advice from my great blogging friends would be appreciated greatly!   The pictures of last year's fair only showed quilts and paintings. I know they do have stitching. It has been about 15 years since I have been to the fair.
Thanks for listening to me ramble on. Till Later....... 
 

5 comments:

Barb said...

You have been making some great stitching progress!! I am anxious to see your box come together. Those little witches are so cute!

Parsley said...

I think I have a LOT to learn about crafting when I see this project you are undertaking!

wranglerkate said...

Your stitching is beautiful. Submit some pieces this year. I know you'll get some ribbons!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

I can't wait to see your box all finished! Love the hornbook, too. I stitched that a few years ago and just love it.

Angela said...

I'll look forward to seeing the box finished with the pincushions, it looks like a great idea! Love all of your other projects too :)