Saturday, November 3, 2012

MEETING A GREAT FELLOW BLOGGER AND SHOPPING, WHAT COULD BE BETTER!

We have been trying to get together for a while now.. and we finally did Friday!  That would be me and Pam of http://confessionsofasouthernstitcher.blogspot.com/
Pam was nice enough to let me leave my car at her house.  She is so nice and welcoming. Her home is full of cross stitch. Beautiful each one of them. I was drooling while looking... lol  We headed up to Decatur Alabama to The Cross Stitch Peddler. I have not been to a cross stitch shop since Thread Bear closed in Vestavia-Birmingham about 15 years ago. I have been ordering online since then. I did make it to Dixie Darling in Pigeon Forge on vacation a couple of years ago.  I was in Heaven in the Cross Stitch Peddle!  lol  Thank You Pam so much for inviting me!  I forgot to get a picture of us!!!
I came away with some great charts and linen. I told myself that I was only going to buy Christmas designs. I did great sticking to that... I did buy one fall.  But... boy, could I have blown some major bucks on Halloween. This is what I got....

 Pam had stitched the Heart In Hand Spring Fobs. Instead of a needle row, she stitched hers as a needle book. To Cute!! I just had to buy that pattern, after I seen hers.  lol  I got Lizzie Kate's - Joy To The World, CCN - Ornamental Joy, Scarlett House - No Quitter, Heartstring Samplery - Baby It's Cold Outside, Bent Creek's Bucky The Snowman, and Lizzie Kate's Fall Squared. I bought the Gingham for that chart in Pigeon Forge years ago. They did not have the chart at that time..

 I got that brownish linen called Milk Chocolate for the Lizzie Kate ornaments of 2011 & 2012. The raw linen on the right has sparkles in it. I am going to stitch Bucky on it. They had the model in the store and it was so cute!!! Of course.. I had to get the buttons for the 2010 snowman by LK.  That gingham piece was calling my name!  I was asked what is am going to stitch on it.. I don't know I said, I just like it!!  You, stitchers know what I am talking about. We like it, we buy it! Don't have to have anything to stitch on it at the moment... lol

I had stitched this Be Mine about 10 years ago. I took it out of it's frame. I think I will make a pillow out of it. I stored it in a box and somehow, the original button was broken and I now find a new one!  Have I sewn it on yet? nope.. I have been looking at my stash all night, last night!  I think Pam got tickled at me in the car, when I told her How excited I was to be going to a shop!!  lol I was like a child in a Toy Store!
After shopping we stopped in this neat coffee shop that had a great Chicken Salad sandwich!  I don't think I stopped talking the whole time.
Pam, I want you to know I really had a great time and thank you for showing this shop to me!  If she will ride with me.. (after I talked her ears off...) We can go back for their Super Bowl Sunday Sale. By then, I know I will be buying some Halloween!!!
I did have a great Friday. I have been stitching on PM - Jacks House. I am stitching down the home stretch!!!  Should have a finished picture for Monday! 

PRAYERS still going out for my friends that were effected by Sandy! 
 

10 comments:

Mouse said...

ohhhh how lovely to be able to meet up and have a fab time ... lovely stash you got too :) love mouse xxxx

Birdie said...

GULP lovely stash and yes you must have been in Heaven. You have a great eye for designs because you choose everything I would have. lol

Happy Stitching.

Peggy Lee said...

Nice stash enhancement!
I''ve had a piece of gingham linen for years now that I just had to have. Some day I will stitch something on it!

Myra said...

Isn't it great to meet up with a like minded friend? Love your new stash.

Faye said...

You got to meet Pam?? I LOVE her blog...You two girls must have been a pair...talking it up while shopping and stopping for chicken salad.... I am so envious! YOu made a stash haul also...Love your selections~~~ Good job!! Faye

Barb said...

I love your stash! I have actually been in that shop. When I visit my family in Alabama I try to go to that one and the one in Huntsville. Both great shops. I go crazy as we have no LNS here.

pam said...

So glad we are able to have a stitchy day trip. I warned you how wonderful the shop was and I see you agree. Thanks for riding with me.

Tammy said...

Such a fun stash! And may I say, your House that Jacks Built in the previous post is just gorgeous! I love those colors!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

What a fun get together, and fruitful, too!

Catherine said...

Great goodies ~ time spent with other stitchers is always a blast!