Thursday, October 27, 2011

Drinking Happy Bird ?

 This memory popped in my head tonight... Don't know why? My Mamaw Whitaker had on of these at one time.. Guess what? It kept me entertained for a long time.  lol  Box says Non-Inflammable... If I am not mistaken.. his head was covered in a felt like substance...
I never did figure out how he worked.. Box say, Once he starts drinking he won't stop!   WOW !!!
You know what.. It was true.. I remember we came home one weekend and stayed with  my Mamaw & Pappaw. I started him up before I went to bed.. I kept getting up during the night.. I said it was to check to see if he was still drinking.. I was just thinking that.. I was and am, still afraid of the dark.. Their house was always so dark.. Only light was when cars went by on the highway.. I still sleep with a light on.. TV Light... lol Oh.. Back to the Drinking Bird... Next morning got up, went in the kitchen. He was sitting on a ledge between table area and stove in the kitchen and you know, he was still drinking away!!  I just had fun watching him..
Don't know why this popped in my head at 12:00 am... Maybe it is because I had a stomach bug today..I have not ate anything since lunch.. That may be it.. I am hungry...
I have also been watching Old Ronco commercials on YouTube.. Smokeless Ashtray and Handy Dandy Dicer. I always think about these old commercials around the Holiday Season.. Let me tell you, I have seen one of those smokeless ashtrays in action.. It is so loud and vibrates itself. You better be glad it came with something to mount it.  lol  I had a friend back in the 90's who, must have had one left over from the 80's. It was bad...
I think I have talked enough.. Going to bed with dreams of ashtrays, dicers, and Ginsu Knife!
I leave you with this. How much would you pay for a KNIFE? but Wait- We will throw in.....
This knife is still available!!! Till Later....

3 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

my grandparents had one of those drinking birds and you are right, they were so fascinating as a young'n.
Have a nice day April
Be always in stitches

Teresa said...

Every year when we go to the RV show they pass out Ginsu knifes. I hate to say but I like them.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Deanna said...

We had one of these when I was young and somehow I ended up with it. It is still in the box. Yes, your memory serves you right. His head is kind of felt like. My grandkids love him.

I've never used a Ginsu and it's not on my list of wants!

Deanna