Friday, October 14, 2011

Dissection Of A Chair

Has anyone ever lost scissors in a chair? I did.. I real cute rabbit pair that Michelle sent me. They have been in the chair for awhile now.. Hiding from me. I turned the chair over on it back.. I don't hear anything... Hmmmm. I looked for them when I dropped them down the inside of the cushion while stitching a couple of months ago. I didn't find them.. I just got another pair to use.. Tonight.. I thought. OK... I will do a dissection on the bottom of the chair.. That little dust cover that is on the bottom, I will just put a little slit in it and out them will come!  That is not what happened. I cut down the middle.. I thought.. Hey just a little slit, it would not hang down if I do it this way.. I put my hand in.... Felt around.. No Scissors!... Sat back... I will have to cut down each side.. That is where they fell. Right? I did that... still no scissors!  Ok... I just got my big sewing scissors out and cut out a big circle.. Guess what no scissors!. I dropped them down beside me and they had to fall between the cushion and inside of chair.. I took the chair ( not a little chair) Big Club Chair and chunked it over on it's right side... Didn't hear nothing drop... Chunked it over on it's left side.. No Scissors.. urghhh   Of course, I removed the big padded cushion before I did all this.. I now have a headache and NO Scissors to be found!  I give up!!  The chair is back in it's spot and looks none worse for it's dissecting and tumbling.. Me, on the other hand.. My face is red..hair is all over my head... head is hurting.. and I may have thrown my shoulder out... Now, I am wondering if I just imagined they fell in the chair.  I give up.. I will try again another day to look for them in that chair. Maybe they will just turn up, as everything else does when something goes missing around here. Till Later...
PS.. I finished my skeleton and now I will put him together. Pictures to come later...

6 comments:

Mouse said...

mmmmmmm the phantom scissor knicker strikes again .... hope they turn up :) love mouse xxxx

Danielle said...

Oh, boy do I feel your pain on that one!!!! You will find those scissors when you are NOT looking for them. Always happens. Let us know when you do! I am curious as to where they really are now. LOL.

Catherine said...

Oh my goodness! I am giggling at the visual you gave me of this episode!! Hope they turn up for you!!

TinaTx said...

I hate it when that happens! They will show up sooner or later - they always do. :)

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

LOL! OMG girlfriend! I know this is driving you nuts. It would make me crazy! hee,hee,hee.
xx, shell

paula said...

Had a chair, or was it a sofa, can't remember, that had a hole "snagged" in the bottom. No idea how it got there.

Then, I started watching the animas closer and discovered one of the cats was crawling up inside of the furniture through the hole.

So, I guessed she had made it and figured it was a nice, safe place to sleep.

Your cutting into the chair bottom reminded me of that . . . AND, if you ever find your scissors, woud you see if you have any of the embroidery scissors I've lost . . . same way, down the side of a chair . . well, down the side of a sofa . . . and they are NEVER there when I go look. Personallly, I think scissors like to run away with those extra socks that get lost in the dryer.