Thursday, April 28, 2011

DEADLY TORNADOES



Please pray for all the Alabamians that have lost loved ones or have lost everything in yesterday's deadly tornadoes. It is such a sad time for our area. We live about 20 miles from where the Birmingham tornado went through and destroyed complete communities and lives. So far I am hearing a death toll of 280 people state wide. What makes me mad is that right after the storms, people went into these communities and started stealing ( looting) The rescue people were trying to find people trapped and these looters were already stealing. Makes me so mad. I do know that the rescue workers are still finding people today that have been trapped all night. Some ok and some with injuries. They now have the help of the National Guard to help patrol these areas. It makes me sick.. The people interviewed last night on tv were trying to get into their neighborhoods to check on loved ones missing and the police would not let them in.. But somehow... Looters can get in.... Just please keep them in your prayers. It will be a long time till their lives can get back to any kind of normal. Whole cities and neighborhoods have been destroyed. The biggest tornado started in Mississippi, came into Alabama, and was still on the ground into the state of Georgia. Now I hear that my friends along the east coast are battling tornadoes today. Our weather crews were wonderful during these tornadoes and the people did as they were instructed to do. These storms were just to powerful. So.. please do not take tornadoes lightly. Thank you for all my friends that have contacted me through email checking on us! Your friendship is so appreciated and I am so thankful to have friends that care so much. Thank you all.

8 comments:

Parsley said...

I'm glad to see you post. I was thinking about you and other blogging friends from these areas. I'll pray for sure.

Teresa said...

Glad to know your family is OK. It is horrible how people take advantage of others.
How's the baby bird doing with all this?
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

It's A Southern Thing said...

I was going to tell you when mother went home that there was a line of baby birds to the highway with their little hobo packs over their shoulder waiting on you ...
Bird Adoption Center, Mother on call 24/7 ...

Catherine said...

I am so glad to see a post from you. Having lived in TN for some years, I know how scary and devastating these storms can be. Stay safe!

Faye said...

Praying for relief from all these terrible storms...Peace and safety my friend, Faye

Anonymous said...

I was reading this to my husband. He said he wishes the USA was more like Japan. They didn't have looting. Why us? It just makes me sick. I'm in Atlanta and didn't get nothing but thunder lightening and a little rain. Praise The Lord! My heart breaks over those that were effected. I'm so glad you were not in harm's way.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Praying for Alabama and for you and your family to be protected. Yes, the actions of others during times like these can be quite upsetting. Stay safe! blessings,Kathleen

Susan said...

Glad to hear that you and yours are fine.

Stay safe!