Monday, July 21, 2014

HAPPY MONDAY MORNING!

I want to thank everyone for the Get Well wishes. I'm feeling a lot better. Still taking it easy this week. I don't want to relapse.
I have been stitching up a storm this past week. I joined a group on Facebook called Prim Stitcher Society. I spend must of the day reading the post and looking at beautiful stitching. It is a big enabler. My mailbox had a package today from 123 Stitch.


 I ordered these great Fall and Halloween Stitches. I also ordered some cream Ariosa fabric to stitch and make some designs by WTN&T - Brenda.  My stitching email friend Bonnie, sent me some magnets that she makes using photos of her cross stitching. They are just lovely. Great summer designs! I leave my patriotic stitching up all summer long.
 
 
 
 These are taken their place of honor on the Refrigerator, along with the other honor winners by Bonnie!  Sorry it is blurred. Hard to get a good picture on a black shiny surface.  Aren't they just great!

Bonnie also sent me a big surprise awhile back. That package came and I was so surprised. There were two bee's nest, or as we call them here in Alabama. Hornets. I went to Chelsea High School, Home Of The Hornets! So this was extra special for me. I have them in my craft room up high. Have you ever studied these nest. They are beautifully made. I sat and looked at them, trying to figure out how ,they know to make this complicated nest. It is a wonder of nature and looking at this, you know, God has a hand on all his creatures. I have also been seeing a lot on TV and Internet about what would happen to us, if all the bees died. Another balance in nature, that is some fascinating.


This is the model I stitched for Brenda, I loved this stitch! Of course, it has a bee hive and bees. Look at the little bunny and the cute birds. Beautiful colors and it was a quick stitch for me.  You can get this from Brenda's website or your local shop.
I have been working on some more stitching while recuperating.

 This cute Bats pinkeep and scissor fob is designed by Falling Star primitives. Instead of the green DMC for the words Bats, I used dark grey #3799 and used Sullivans black for the bat. The Sullivan thread covers better.  The pattern has the charts for both and then has the pattern to make a felt bat PIN.  So cute!!! I used 30 count linen called Witches Brew.  I love that orangey linen.  lol

 Next was Prairie Schooler - Cats, Bats and Witches. This is the design I'm going to mount on the Witch's Hat that I painted last week. 
 
 Dixie Sampler / Terri designed this freebie for our group.  I stitched mine on some Lugana she'd sent me and so far.. I have to just sew it into a little pillow for my basket. 
 
 A new designer Tammy Black has joined our group. Beautiful designs! Her designs are called Scattered Seed Samplers. I seen this new release and just had to stitch it.

This is my stitching so far!  I love these little squirrels. I still have two more squirrels to stitch and a set of keys.  Then... I will be putting together my first Pinkeep Drum.  Say a little pray for me. Sorry for such bad pictures, cloudy and rainy here on the Homestead. Sunroom is not sunny today.
I will also leave you with a picture of what today's work in process will be.
Little early for Valentines Day, but I hope it will be done before then... lol  Brown and pink, great colors for a cupid on a heart.

I hope everyone has a great Monday and till later........

 

 
 
 






7 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Glad you're feeling better, April! You've got a lot going on in the stitching arena! All your WIPs are cute and I love the piece you model stitched for Brenda!

Linda said...

Lovely projects April.

Linda

Barb said...

Great stitching! The model piece is just lovely!!

cucki said...

Beautiful projects my dear..
Big hugs x

Faye said...

Man oh man... You've been lighting up those needles April!!! I love what I see!! Can you ask your magnet friend who the designer is on the one magnet where Uncle Sam is riding the bike.... I want to stitch him... Too cute!!! And, you're the luckiest lady to get yo stitch for Brenda.... Getting an advance peek at her designs seems heavenly, much less getting to create them!! You do beautiful work for her!!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Such a cute blog; looking forward to seeing what else you've posted.

Frances said...

I just found your blog! What lovely stitching you have done!
And I do know what a hornet's nest is...I'm in Mississippi! I love it up on the curtain rod--very creative and beautiful!