Friday, July 13, 2012

Becoming Sherlock Holmes.....

Yes, I became Sherlock Holmes today. Everyone has been talking about the new Just Cross Stitch Halloween Issue. My friend Bonnie sent me a email with a peek! Everyone on 123 Message Board has been saying they have received or purchased from their LNS.. I don't have a local needlework shop. What is a stitcher to do?....  I try all the places that sale JCS. I stop at Wally World first... Nope, Just the new issue... I then, stop at Publix Supermarket... Nope. This is where I usually buy my issues.  I know!! Books A Million will have it!. I get back in the car drive about 7 miles away to BAM. I am all excited...I look all over the craft section. OH NO!! I don't see it.. I ask a associate.. She goes in the back.. Comes out about 5 minutes later.. No Magazine in her hand.. She says they have not received it yet... I am deflated right there in my little space. What, BAM does not have it?  Is it because I live in South? That magazine originates in Alabama and no one in Alabama has it!  Come On!!!
I drag myself out of the store.. On the way out I think of a place.. Maybe Barnes and Noble has it... That is another 5 miles down the road and through a bunch of traffic lights and bumper to bumper traffic.. Do I want to chance it.. For them to tell me they don't have it.. You bet I do!!  lol
I drive through all that traffic pull into the B & N parking lot at 10:06.. Let me also say that I did dress up for this outing. Hair fixed, makeup and presentable clothing. I was rocking the sunglasses too..
I go in and head straight to the magazines.. I look and look and start to wez and blow air.. Then a employee comes over and puts a stack of magazines down and guess what is on top???

 You guessed right!!! I was giggling.. I told her, I was about to hire a private detective to find this magazine.. I also got the latest issue of Cross Stitch & Needlework. BAM didn't have it.. B & N is now my go to store!  I know y'all are telling me that I could have just ordered it from 123 Stitching. They have fast delivery.I will do that next year for sure...

Here is a picture of my stitching on the Memorial Sampler. I hope to have it finished this weekend. I just need to finish that bottom line. Put in the names and dates and it will be finished.. The frame I chose will not fit.. I will need to dig around in the closet again..


I did finally get molding put up around the closet. I piddled around with those wooden doors for about a year.. I painted and bought new knobs.. DH would not help.. I went one day and bought these curtains and threw those doors on the dump trailer. DH came in to shoot the nails in one afternoon with the nail gun and asked where the doors were... I had to explain to him.. he took them to the dump about 2 weeks ago..  He unloaded the trailer!  Men !!!
So, looking for a frame behind the curtain will be like playing Let's Make A Deal without Monty Hall!! That curtain is hiding a lot of stash, and frames.  If I can just find the right one!! Stay Tuned.....

PS.. That jelly cupboard in the picture, my DH made back in the late 80's.. No pattern. Just a picture I seen in a magazine. It holds all my linen for stitching and fabric for sewing...
He used to be real handy... What happened?.....lol

5 comments:

Charlene ♥ NC said...

I used to subscribe to JCS mostly for the holiday issues, but it got to where everyone got theirs before me. I'm lucky to have a LNS, so I just ask them to hold one for me when they come in. Easy-peasy!

Anonymous said...

Your Memorial sampler is looking lovely.
I'm so glad you managed to find your magazine!

Deanna said...

I'm glad you perseverence paid off. That issue looks cool. I used to cross stitch many years ago. At some point life got in the way.

The sampler looks great!

basketsnprims said...

Your sampler is lovely. I bought the Halloween issue last year but didn't order this year. We have no Barnes & Noble either. Yikes.
Stay cool and have a good weekend.
pam

Sherry said...

I enjoyed reading your story about hunting down your magazine, I have done that several times. I am so glad you found it. Your sampler looks great, I have not done much cross stitch lately, I still love it but have beend distracted.