Friday, July 30, 2010

Funeral & Young Adults


We attended a funeral yesterday. A young boy, 19 years old. His mom and dad are old friends of ours. He was born having seizures his whole life. He had a seizure and did not recover. It is a sad time... He will truly be missed. He was his mom's life. I have lost my father.. as some know.. Very hard for me.. But a child, I can not even imagine. There is something that is bothering me... Young People. I was taught or knew by parents showing and telling me...the way to dress or act at certain events in life. Maybe I Am Old Now? But I think wearing a Micro Mini Dress to a funeral is maybe not the thing to wear... I guessed her age to be about 16... Sat in front of us older folks... LOL She was with a boy.. holding hands.. that is ok... But the White Micro Mini with the White High Heels was maybe not her best choice for funeral wear. Don't think bad of me but... I seen young people in jeans.. I wore a long jean skirt and nice top. That, I don't have a problem with... Some people only have certain things to wear I understand that. But why does some young people think it is right to wear Micro Minis to a funeral. I am talking about a skin tight tank style with stretchy clingy fabric barely covering her butt dress. Where was her mom when she left the house? What mom bought this for her young child? The young guys were all dressed so nice. Slacks and buttoned down shirts or Polo's. But there were about 3 girls that I just shook my head at.. What were they thinking? Did they think.. Hey I am looking Great !.. Hey, It's summer.. Maybe we can go out dancing after the Funeral?.. I don't know what they thought.. I just know... My mom would not have let me out of the house to go to a funeral looking as she did! Then my mind started wondering... A lot has changed since I was in high school. 1980's The Don Johnson Look for guys.. They wore suit jackets with the sleeves rolled up. White pants and khaki's. Izod Shirts. Izod's Are Back !!! I wore then IN wear. We dressed up and added a lot of jewelry. The Bigger the better !! Oh The Memories !!! Remember 16 Candles Movie? Preppie Look! Now ... I think some of the young people are going for that Homeless and Slut Look... lol Not all of them.. But some.. Sorry to rattle on about this. It was instilled in me to always look my best.. " me saying this while I am sitting in butterfly print pj bottoms and a non-matching gray t-shirt, with hair in a ponytail"! But hey!!! I am in my own living room.

I leave you with this:


I will post picture of Skeleton Finished tomorrow! Till later

6 comments:

Parsley said...

Yep, I get it. It seems that kids aren't taught polite attire for occasions like that.

Anonymous said...

Heck, my Mom wouldn't have let me out of the house at all dressed like that let alone attend a funeral in that get-up!

Robin in Virginia

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

I think some kids just don't get it.... I hope the parents of those girls didn't know where they were going - or didn't see them before they left.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you 100%!!! I have an 18yr old and she would NOT even buy a dress like that much less wear it to a funeral. Thankfully that's not her style (she's a no-makeup,no fru-fru kind of girl) but that is just ridiculous. Some parents don't have a clue how to raise a child and shouldn't reproduce anyway. It doesn't take a whole lot of common sense to know that is very inappropriate. So sorry for the loss of such a young life; may he rest in peace.

Valerie said...

So sorry to hear of the young man's passing.

I know what you mean about inappropriate dress. It is EVERYWHERE! The unfortunate thing is the young lady who was wearing the Micro Mini is probably a very sweet girl, however, she has never had a mature adult in her life give her proper guidance or teach her self-respect. Sadly, attention-seeking dress is what she knows and is comfortable with. Now, I realize that for some teenagers wearing racy outfits is simply a way to "fit in" or "be liked." I remember such pressure in my day. However, I would NEVER have worn a mini skirt and stilettos to a funeral! My mother taught me respect, PERIOD.

The times, they are a' changin'

Raven/Missy said...

I understand what you are saying and I agree that a micro-mini is not appropriate clothing for a funeral.