Wednesday, August 21, 2013

NEWSPAPER, LUNCH WITH TERRI, PUNCHNEEDLE, SHUTTLE AND HAIR COLOR. WOW.......


 Hello everyone! Wow, it has been a busy week! I made the local county newspaper last week. I was contacted about my stitching. Shelba had seen my stitching on Facebook and wanted to know if I would submit some info and picture for her to do a story in the Lifestyle Section. I submitted an email about me and a picture with some of my stitching. Ta da!! Autographs later... lol  Just Kidding!!
I hope that some may see how much cross stitch has evolved. No longer cross stitch of the 80's.....Speaking of cross stitch, Guess who I had lunch with?

 Terri of http://www.dixiesamplar.com/!! I was nervous as always to meet people. Terri is so friendly and just a sweetie!!! We had lunch at Longhorns. We had a good laugh, because we had lunch and almost stayed for dinner!  lol  We sat talking and before we knew it, 4:00 was upon us!

 Terri has a big heart and if you know stitchers, we are always glad to pass along to our stitching friends, new trims, charts, fabrics, and to make things for each other.
 
 
Terri gave me this great Needle Minder! Don't it look like me! Hippie Chick!! I'm using it right now! Love it so much Terri! I had a great time talking and laughing!  Hope to do it again soon!
Up next,  I told y'all I have been busy...
 
 Notforgotten Farms (Lori) Design. Punch needle box. I have the box painted. I loved this mustard color! I added some brown paint to give it an old look. May add some stain too. Still need to attach punch needle and trim.

I finished a stitched piece by Hinzeit - Shuttle Beware. I had an old shuttle instead of the one called from. I put my piece in it. I'm still tweaking it.
Remember the picture above of my hair. Blonde Gone Bad!!  Brassy orange and white!! lol Well, I'm happy to report, I went darker. It is a 2 step process. I had to cover the brass and now we will work on the still highlighted (lighter shades you see) I need to rest and condition it for a couple more days. Then the final color of my original hair color, WHATEVER that color is... I have no idea!  lol
 
I guess I could look at my brother's hair and see! Men don't have to go through all this!! I like my hubby's grey, in his hair. 
 
Take care everyone! Till Later........

8 comments:

Parsley said...

I'll bet that was so fun, meeting another blogger and I know you and Terri hit it off because you both have big hearts and a love of stitching.

Congrats on the article!

Barb said...

Congratulations on the paper! Now I know a famous blogger! I love that shuttle project! Good luck with the hair.

Robin said...

Sounds like a great time. I like the hair color as it is now. It does so much more for you than the blonde. I know.....I've even a victim of myself and a box of Miss Clairol.....it required a trip to the salon and a vow to never try to color my hair myself again. Good luck with the next step of the process.

Catherine said...

Congrats on becoming a celebrity!! Isn't it fun meeting up with stitching friends!?! Love the new hair color ~ looks fabulous and young!!

Chris said...

Wow! Lovely newspaper article. Love that you are sharing your stitching with the community.
So great to meet up with Terri. It sounds like you had a lovely lunch.
Great finishes too.
The new color looks great!!

Peggy Lee said...

Woo-Hoo...now you're a star! Oh and you look like one too with that new hair. Very nice!
My hubby is 20 years older than me and I have more gray hair than he does. Sometimes life isn't fair.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

You're busy as always! If I may say, I do like the returning/second color best.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

How cool is that! You are a celebrity! Woo hoo!

Loooooooooove your darker hair. It makes you look younger for sure.

One day we will meet in person and I'm going to give you the biggest hug ever. You are such a doll April. Love ya to bits!