Thursday, February 13, 2014

I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW......

I want to thank everyone for the get well wishes! I'm feeling a lot better. Still taking it easy... This winter has been a doozy. Took the last of antibiotics this morning. We will see how it goes from here.
We had snow here in the central Alabama area last night. Only lasted till about 9:00 am. I hope my blog friends in the path of that winter snow are keeping warm and stitching away. Weathermen are saying that our temps here next week will be in the low 70's....
Yep... I think this crazy weather is why I have been so sick. I did feel like stitching a little bit yesterday, and then guess what?

 My pink Ott light went out. I thought the bulb had just blown. I tried stitching by the good old fashion lamp.. I got a headache... But, I went this morning and bought a new bulb.. Put it in and it didn't work..  I had only had this light a little over 1 year now. See the box. Yep, that is my new one. 

 Michael's store had them at 40 % off.  So, from my title of post,  I can see clearly now the light is ON!!   I keep singing that song.. I can see clearly now the rain is gone...  lol  So after 2 trips to Michael's today. I Have Light! Had to take the bulb back and then buy a new light.. I tried to work on my Snooty Parrots SAL last night. Not much to show... I did finish some Blackbird AOTH blocks before I got sick..

 I couldn't remember if I had shown my Dad's block. I changed the House color to Blue Heron. It has his initials RMW and the year 1941, his birth year. The next is Happy Birthday block.

I have a great best friend since I came to this area in 1976. I was in the 6th grade. My friend Diana has been there for me and me for her. We were both born in May. Her Birthday is May 6th and mine is May 10th of the year 1965. This block is for our friendship.  I used our initials from High School that way we will always be who we are to each other... Friends for life.. Last names change, but we don't!  lol Same old crazy girls....
I have my brother, Trey's block to start next... His is the block with swans and water. If you knew my brother, water has been a part of his life.. He grew up playing outside in mud puddles. Loved water.. He would even play with boats in the bathroom sink...So this next block will be his. I will use the name Trey.. His real name is Robert Manly Whitaker III. 
Well, I think I need to rest today.. After the 2 trips over the mountain and through the valley to Michael's I went... Now to rest..
Till later....

4 comments:

Linda said...

Wonderful blocks April. Glad your feeling better and love your new light.

Linda

Chris said...

So glad that you are feeling better. Your anniversaries blocks are wonderful!

stitchersanon said...

Lovely blocks...so glad you have the lamp now: brightens up the day! I am so ready for spring but never mind...glad your feeling better now..hope the recovery continues

capres said...

Just FYI - I had an Ott light that went out and contacted their customer service. After several emails, they determined it was the switch, not the bulb, and replaced the light for me. I had to pay a S&H fee of $9.90 but have a brand new light. It was worth contacting them.