Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A BOUNTY HARVEST AND STITCHING UPDATE

Well.... maybe not a bounty.  My nephew is doing a garden. We furnished some of the vegetables and he is the gardener.  He likes hot peppers, so there is a whole roll just for him. I like bell peppers. That one is enough for my meatloaf tomorrow night. The bell peppers are full of little peppers and more blooms. I pulled the squash to cook for me tonight, it was the only one big enough. I want to fry the squash and green tomato together and add a little onion. Yum!!!
I have not been blogging or reading lately. I have been busy in the yard. We went from wearing a light jacket 2 weeks ago to 87 this week.  No Spring for us this year. Looks like we may have a hot summer. I hate the heat. I love summer for swimming only. If I am outside it better be by water because you will found me jumping in or wetting myself down with that hosepipe laying around!
I have been doing so stitching too. Not as much as I would like. I have been in a pickle lately, trying to decide what to stitch. I finished that AOTH block. I picked colors for the next block and I didn't have 4 of them, so I had to make an order to purchase.  I want so bad to stitch on something Halloween. It has been so hard to decide. I picked about four things, narrowed it down to two. Couldn't make up my mind, so I am stitching both! Sounds like me!


I picked another Blackbird design. I had the linen, floss and leaflet since it came out. I even went and purchased the box. Well, I have decided to stitch it now.. Here is my start:

It is stitched on the called for Confederate Gray Linen 30 Count with the called for over dyed floss. Then I found a project I had started a couple of years ago. I need to finish it soon. The Primitive Needle's - Hornbook Angel.

I would like to get the frame. This picture is off Valley House Primitives Site. I love this frame. This is mine so far:

I also have another project in the works... I work on the Casting A Spell in the living room. I work Hornbook Angel in the sun room. Then I have one I work on in the bed at night.

Santa's Village - Post Office is not getting stitched as fast as I would like it to. I seem to keep falling asleep.  lol
That is all for today.. I have to get up and cook some dinner.
Till Later......

9 comments:

Dawn said...

OH the colors are on the bbd is delicious, our garden isn't very far along, lots of plants and just now getting buds but here is hoping for a wonderful summer of fresh veggies.

Barb said...

I love the Halloween designs. I'm also itching to do a Halloween design! Great veggies. That looks like late July or Aug. in the Pacific NW.

Catherine said...

There's nothing like fresh veggies! Love your stitches ~ the BBD is a great project. I'm with you in the heat....especially when it comes with the humidity!

Penny said...

Those vegetables are looking good! Love your Halloween choices. Try to stay cool! :)

blue star stitcher said...

I love Hornbook Angel, can't wait to see your progress on it. And isn't it so fun eating stuff fresh out of the garden!

pam said...

You have a bit of Stitcher's but they all look lovely

Lynn said...

Great start on the BBD and the Hornbook Angel is awesome!

Rachel S-H said...

Wow veggies already! We have mostly blooms on our plants. I did get a couple cherry tomatoes already, but they were already pretty far along when I got the plant. Nice progress.

Kathy L. said...

Love all your starts. I think I am going to start the BBDlove one too. I bought the pattern and box. Think ill stitch a few blocks per month maybe I can finish by Halloween.

Kathy